Builderoo is a text formatting system for Movable Type, the personal web publishing system from Six Apart. With Builderoo, you can:
- Change text filters in the middle of an entry using Roo tags. Use special purpose filters to generate sophisticated content in the middle of an entry, and use your favorite text filter for the rest. Disable text filters entirely for a section that uses plain HTML.
- Apply multiple text filters to a section, or an entire weblog entry. Use several small filters to spice up your formatting, in addition to your favorite filter. Control the order in which filters are applied.
- Speed up site building by caching the filtered output for a section. Use heavy-duty filters that take time rendering a section the first time, without slowing down subsequent re-builds of your web site.
- Create macros to be expanded in an entry before filters are applied. Use Roo tags, partial Roo tags, or other macros within a macro. Pass values to be inserted within the macro text from an entry. Quickly insert common or complex content using short RooMacro tags.
- Use text formatting plugins that interface with
Builderoo's features. Build plugins that generate files based on
mark-up, such as images or applets, using the caching mechanism to
automatically clean up files that are no longer needed. Pass
parameters to Builderoo plugins from Roo tags for finer
Please see the documentation for more information.
Builderoo v0.7 is distributed under "The MIT License," an Open Source license. Please see the documentation for the complete license text.
Download: Builderoo v0.7
Builderoo requires Movable Type 3.2 or later. The sample plugins included with Builderoo may have additional requirements. Please see the documentation for the sample plugins for more information.
Documentation for developing Builderoo plugins is in "perldoc" form, in Builderoo.pm.
To report bugs or submit feedback or suggestions, please contact the author. To receive email when new versions are released, or to discuss using Builderoo and developing plugins with other Builderoo users, join the Builderoo mailing list.
Copyright © 2004-2007 Dan Sanderson